This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Fenriz
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Uzbeks
Steam: fenrizsomethinggame

|OPINION| CIVILIZATIONS

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:49 am

Good Day Folks!, Generally I think what is needed and what is not in the game, I would like to know your opinion about: Which civilizations are needed? why?, Any region of the world that think they should be represented? What do you think? any idea?. I hope your answers :D. Cheers.
"Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean." Image

Circle of Ossus
Blandengue
Blandengue
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Re: |OPINION| CIVILIZATIONS

Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:28 am

An opinion of Australia in version 1.8:
- I almost never used the sheep I received, because the barn is way too expensive (200 wood). Since their eco is weaker, I could usually not afford that.
- Most bonus techs at age-up are usefull; with the great exception of the Josephites tech.
- The rum corpsman and Whaler Horse don't feel pop efficient.
- I have no idea what the difference in gatherrate is when you produce one more villager.
- The aboriginal tracker: this unit seems only usefull against Austria...

I suggest: the barn costs 75 food; Josephites also improves Convict HP, +10 % gather rate (like the church techs) and more pray rate; rum corpsman -1 pop and a stronger whaler horse; add a detailed explanation about the convict somewhere on the forum; Give the tracker a bonus VS villagers and set a build limit (30?).

I started about 5 weeks ago trying to learn how to play the Australians, as they felt as one of the hardest civs. They are prone to rushing: your villagers cost coin, so relying on huntig and mills in II is not possible, thus you have to mine somewhere further away. Also, due to the weaker eco, you will not restore you army as quick as usual. This is why I have always failed in duels again the AI (expert). I really like to play them, because late-game you won't have the greatest eco, but you will have strong units (I really like the imperial spotooners and militia a lot). This is why the 1 pop Native Police seems balanced to me. This civ is also the counter of Austria (even without using the Aboriginal tracker): you have strong units like Austria, but you have more. I played that way against a friend, and he was getting annoyed because he couldn't harm me.

I hope Australia won't change too much, because how they work now is great (compared to the scaling cost they once had. I only played them once during the first (or so) version, and it was very annoying to pay 150 food the ca. 35th villager.

Metaltooth
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Australians

Mon May 08, 2017 10:51 pm

I wonder if the final Anglo civ is gonna be South Africa

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Tue May 09, 2017 12:54 am

The reason we haven't decreased the barn cost is because you get a ton of free sheeps. I mean, you can just consume them without a barn and they will still be a plus, a big plus.

Dr Roach
Gaucho
Gaucho

Sat May 13, 2017 9:19 pm

I think a Boer civ is almost required for a 19th century mod, but I'm not sure how they would be set up. The political parties would obviously be British intervention vs "native" Dutch Boers, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Bismarck
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Mon May 15, 2017 4:11 am

South Africa.

I'd like to see a redesign of the Sioux to make them more like the Egyptians, and the addition of the Cherokee.