This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Mojaak
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Brazil, some questions

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:25 am

Hey hello,

last night I have played Brazil to check this civ out. And I have some questions about them.

1) Whip the Slaves!
I made some upgrades for the Vils, and after pressing the button 93 times (^^) all Vills died. The description said, that the vills loose every step 20 % HP. Is this really right or do the loose perhaps only 2 % of ther HP? This would make more sense, because otherwise they had to die after 5 times (without boosting the HP) and this can't be right, Or do I have forgotten somethings what comes there in play?
Is there a limit for this function, or is the limit the HP of the Vills?

2) Fazenda:
At first I was verry impressed from this huge building I got. Verry nice work from the devs, but after I sent 50 Vils there ( to see how it looks like when 50 vills act there) I noticed that they gather really slow in fact that there were 50 vills on gold.
So I looked at the cards and I found that ony the "Rubber Boom" supports the Fazenda, but "Textil Mill", "Royal Mint" and "Cigar Roller" not. So to the fact that you need 1 Shipment for the Fazenda and you can ship it at the 4th age (where you usually have already at leat one plantation) and also you can upgrade the Fazenda only with one card ... I don't get the advantage of that building? You don't have to spend so much wood, but also gather verry slow? What did I not see about that.

3) Slaves Trade:
This trade ignores the limit of vills and also pop, so is it possible to have with that 200 vills... or even more?

I hope the questions are quite understandable.

Circle of Ossus
Dragoon
Dragoon
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Re: Brazil, some questions

Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:14 pm

1) It says 20%?? I didn't know. But yes, if you whip people too much, they die.
2) The building is indeed not fully supported. IIRC, you should also be able to gather other resources from it (but IDK if it had been implemented). As for now, wait for a fix.
3) That's a known limitation. Fortunately, it is not as broken as the fellah spawn, so it's not really an issue. Besides, it is even helpful that it does not check the limits. Because sometimes I forget that I have to research the Abolishment techs (I don't play them that often).
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

Mojaak
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Re: Brazil, some questions

Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Oh thanks for the answers. Yeah the Fazenda does not gather more than gold at his point. I will wait for further patches.

For 1) I checked again. Yeah 20 % is right, but I did not noticed that the new HP from the vills is also the new base for the calculation. So 180 - 20 % is 144 and then - 20 % is 115 instead of 108. So After 20 times pushing the button they should have 2 HP over all... enough to work ;)