This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

UnstoppableStreletsy
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans

Colosseum Wars of Liberty Edition

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:47 am

The Colosseum Wars of Liberty version has been modified greatly from its first template. A new map was needed because the old tad template did not enable wol hc's. Many things have been added and I feel these need to be discussed now.
So basically, this scenario resembles Colosseum more than Wolosseum which often has a broken system of giving units bonus ap, hp, armor, and speed for wood. This scenario will cover the basics of a Colosseum scenario but also add gw, spy, religion, and "god" unit mechanics in the late game. Every civ that has the units and corresponding units and upgrades will be added in the first version (even koreans).  I have been working with the civs for a while now and it seems that the game balances itself really as long as unit spawns are kept consistent.
Version Link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1EnJ ... XJqS29yeWM
Installation
There is two ways to install the scenario. One is to follow the link above and add the files in the folder to your scenario folder at my documents/my games/ wars of liberty
The other is to play a game with a friend on eso or gameranger where the file will be transferred to you.
Version Info
This version contains europeans, serbia, brazil, argentines, and paraguay

UnstoppableStreletsy
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Colosseum Wars of Liberty Edition by Streletsy

Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:31 pm

Hello wol players. If you viewed the previous forum, you may be familiar with seeing this topic. Well colloseum for wars of liberty is undergoing some changes since my last log long ago. First, this file is old and obsolete, and second there is currently some constraints in the production. The old map had trigger lag that prevented civ's units from spawning at beginning. I found a new method of triggers that will cause less trigger lag hopefully. I am starting with adding the africa civs and made some changes to the scenario. All wol cultures will have a unique feature. For africans, firebrands will spawn for free to allow african civs good siege potential while supplements wil lbe given to certian units to make them fun like spawning tc wagons for ethiopia after level 5 making mehals strong! I will likely release something in a month or two here for you the community to try. Post questions and comments here.

UnstoppableStreletsy
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Colosseum Wars of Liberty Edition

Mon May 22, 2017 8:22 pm

Here is the first demo for aoe3 colloseum wars of liberty edition:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1EnJ ... 3plSUZqeGs. This version includes two new cultures: Anglophones and Africans. All european civs except british are disabled for the time being until I can rework them into the scenario. Africans like I explained above will spawn firebrands for free overtime giving them reinforcements and a way to siege the enemy. Ethiopia can spawn covered wagons to boost their mehals. Anglophones are quite different then Europeans or Africans. All anglophones will start out with 4 units which includes the shared units of the culture. Every level up will provide two unique units corresponding to the similar age up (level 2 australia brings bushrangers and headhunters while level 3 brings rum corpsman and tuparas for instance). Level 6 for both Africa and Anglo are a artillery age where the civ's late game artillery are available as well as support units such as generals or sappers. Unlike most Colosseum, you must use your youth to move to a explorer with the name of your civ to select a civ since this template is from vanilla. This means that if you can't pick any of the 8 original aoe civs, that is normal. If you experience a bug, report it here.