This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

DayoftheNinja
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Zulu
Steam: DayoftheNinja

Help me write the website

Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:43 pm

Hey gang! The team has realized that a lot of the website is outdated, especially the civ descriptions, but since we're all busy bringing you more of the mod that you love and also I'm lazy, we need your help! Please post below the information that is outdated or no longer correct on the site or anything you think is missing and I'll do my best to add it! Thanks!

Mojaak
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Re: Help me write the website

Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:29 am

Hey I am not 100 % sure, but for the Ethiopians I found this little thing.

Unique Units:
The Mehal Sefari doesn't exist, but the Selfenga has the same function

I could not finde the Dimoftar, but the Papal guard, but they are not the same functional units

And I would add to the weakness point:
No infinits Mills and Mines. You have to take care that you have enough Lots for the food and Rocks for the gold and build new ones when they are used up

QueenOfYays
Carabinier
Carabinier
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:46 am

@Mojaak All Africans have that weakness, maybe except the Egyptians who can build an Olive Plantation after sending a certain shipment.

saifrafatnew
Voluntário da Pátria
Voluntário da Pátria

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:14 pm

I would like to re-write some of the histories of the civ, 

but may I ask: can they be included in the history section of the game tooo?

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:17 pm

Go ahead.

Menczywor
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:41 pm

Hello guys, i found something like this. Vilcabamba Arquebusiers in Incas should be replace with Pishtacos. Also there is no info about Auca Runas - i quess they are unique to Inca and should be there. Small changes about Australia - Tupara Gunmans are now Tupara Musketeers. Next, no info about Trebuchets in section about Maltese. Last one is about Montonera and im not sure about it - it's good that descripion call them mounted Pikemans? P.S in info about Habsburg unique units, there is no info about polish winged hussars, i know there is some condition to get them, but wanna mention about them.

deusvult
Architect
Architect
Favorite Civilization: Germans

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:10 pm

Description of Landwehr in Germans: "an all around infantry unit. It can stand his ground against everything" isn't correct. The unit is quite weak, and has only a little bonus against cavalry in melee

QueenOfYays
Carabinier
Carabinier
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:27 am

The website doesn't say much about Emmanuel de Rohan-Polduc in the Maltese section.

Circle of Ossus
Dragoon
Dragoon
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:24 am

Minor thing, but I would rename the "ancient ruins" bonus to something like "Archeology heaven". Some people (like Mandos ;-) ) could see this now as a bonus to slap something on the Greeks for what they are well known (like the Romanians and the gypsies). I believe Archeology had a big boom during this period, so it still fits.
The treasure gather bonus of the Carthographer is not mentioned. It collect 3x the resources of treasures, to make up for its weak attack.
IIRC, the Greeks have the unmentioned advantage that their casern can attack from the start. (I would like to see this for the others though; it makes no sense to have absolutely not tower building in II)
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>