This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Numidia
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Tufanci Corps research missing ?

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:50 pm

Hello everyone,

I have recently installed Wars of Liberty and I really enjoyed it so far, I have however noticed something strange regarding a research option that I used to be able to use in the original game but that is missing with the mod somehow.

While playing Ottomans, if you use the Palace Intrigue card, your mosque will gain two abilities, one that spawns 3 Great Bombards and one called Tufanci Corps that spawns 15 Janissaries, the first one is present but the later is missing in WoL tho and it is replaced by an option called New Order which transforms Janissaries into more elite units.

So I was wondering if this change was intended or if the Tufanci Corps option was moved to another place/other card or if this is just a mistake from the developers ?

Thank you for your future answers.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Tufanci Corps research missing ?

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:02 pm

It is intended

Numidia
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Hoop Thrower wrote: It is intended
Alright thank you for your answer :) This option was then removed completely right ?

Takatmo Yereoc
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:16 am

Man, surely the Ottomans became a top priority for everyone lately!

Numidia wrote:This option was then removed completely right ?
Yes, the original effect of the "Tufanci Corps" tech was modified from delivering Janissaries to transforming Janissaries into Nizam-i Cedids when we incorporated parts of PredatoR's Ottoman Empire Mod as part of our first Ottoman rework, just before the release of WoL back in 2015.

We currently have no plans to bring back the old effect of "Tufanci Corps".