This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

LyfHax420
Topic Author
Fur Trader
Fur Trader
Favorite Civilization: Germans
ESO: Pirat Version :S
Steam: LYFHAX420

AI and Boats

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:46 am

Is it only me or the AI actually never uses ships to transport units, my main scenario right now is me trying to deffend the british islands but I want the AI to try invade me but they just won't, they don't even have any docs.

Circle of Ossus
Dragoon
Dragoon
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Re: AI and Boats

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:09 am

I've seen this behavior in other scenarios before. Maybe it has something to do with the AI not knowing that it is a water map. Have you tried placing the flag ?buoy? on the water, like usually on water maps? I think the AI may uses this object to determine if boats/docks have to be build.
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

Steve9000v2
Lassador
Lassador

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:19 am

For this, I remember that only the enemy AI uses this tactic to attacking me and allies. 
Can the team make the allies AI doing also?

LyfHax420
Topic Author
Fur Trader
Fur Trader

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:31 am

What do you mean place the falg? I mean in skirmish this happens to me, I don't want to invade them I want them to try invade me xD

Steve9000v2
Lassador
Lassador

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:39 am

What he mean is the AI's flag.

LyfHax420
Topic Author
Fur Trader
Fur Trader

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:40 am

I don't know, the flag for the home city supplies is in the middle of the water already

Steve9000v2
Lassador
Lassador

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:46 am

Like, are you playing your own scenario or normal skirmish game ?
 And what difficulty are you playing with ?

LyfHax420
Topic Author
Fur Trader
Fur Trader

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:24 am

Normal skirmish, on moderate, 2v1 and map is British Isles, I start on the smaller left Island and they start on the bigger at the right side.

puks_
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:20 am

In the past when playing Water maps that are maps other than Amazonia or Caribbean, I have found that adding the water map that is required into the AI "aiWOLMain.xs" by searching the AI script and wherever it refers to for example "Amazonia" or "Caribbean" at each and every location in the AI the map must be added. After this is done, this altered AI enables the computer AI players to garrison onto ships and disembark onto the enemy islands. If this could be done by someone that works on the AI in the WOL team it could work permanently in the updater patches. If someone is also more knowledgeable with the AI they could make the AI more competitive on water maps as the computer AI players are always weaker on water maps. An example of inserting the water maps here.   aiPlanSetVariableBool(goalID, cGoalPlanAllowRetreat, 0, allowRetreat);
 //Handle maps where the enemy player is usually on a diff island.
 if ( (cRandomMapName == "caribbean") || (cRandomMapName == "ceylon") || (cRandomMapName == "WOLbalkans") || (cRandomMapName == "amazonia") )

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: French

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:17 am

What puks_ said can make them use ships on the specified maps, yes. Depending on how much do you want them to work on water maps, you might need to make additional changes.
Mis band dondrna b at fa so gaga oe ts maay angle lery