This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

sirnori
Topic Author
Pasavolante
Pasavolante
Steam: sirnori

Theme Question

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:20 am

Is it possible to add civilisation-specific themes to the base game? If so, how?
Thank You for Your Kind Attention
The Revolution Is Coming

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Theme Question

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:11 pm

It's not

sirnori
Topic Author
Pasavolante
Pasavolante

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:38 pm

How were they applied to WOL, if you don't mind my asking?
The Revolution Is Coming

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: French

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:51 am

sirnori wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:20 am
Is it possible to add civilisation-specific themes to the base game? If so, how?
Thank You for Your Kind Attention
If you are not scared of ruining multiplayer games and if you are not scared of coding, you can actually implement civ-specific themes in the base game.
A. First method
1. Go to the installation directory of WoL. It's NOT in My documents/My games/. It's in Program files or Program files (x86)
2. Open the folder RM3
3. Open the folder triggers
4. Open culture_music.xs and triggerLoader.xs and start studying the files. I am sure you can understand the codes, they are pretty self-explanatory if you are familiar with scenario triggers.
5. Musics are in Installation directory>Sounds>civilization
6. Musics must have the same name as the civ. Civ names can be found in Installation directory>Data>civs.xml
7. In order to port this feature into the base game, you need these two files and you will obviously need to modify them because you have to remove WoL-specific codes.
8. Each map must include the triggerLoader.xs and call the function wotta_triggers()
B. Second method
You can also learn how to work with triggers in scenarios and random maps, how to make your own trigger set and also, you might need to learn the basics of aoe3 modding. If you do that, you can have much more control over what you do. Unfortunately, most trigger tutorials cover only the scenario part and rare are the tutorials that explain the coding part. You have to figure things out by yourself (that's what I did with triggers and AI).
Mis band dondrna b at fa so gaga oe ts maay angle lery

sirnori
Topic Author
Pasavolante
Pasavolante

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:49 am

Thank you.
The Revolution Is Coming