This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Circle of Ossus
Texas Ranger
Texas Ranger
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Re: Ottoman empire

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:37 pm

XD multiple accounts, created at about the same time (22 hours ago when I wrote this), saying about the exact same thing. Or some lurkers got triggered, or they share the same creator.
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

daMarshal
Independentista
Independentista
Favorite Civilization: British
Steam: brfvod

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:09 pm

Circle of Ossus wrote: XD multiple accounts, created at about the same time (22 hours ago when I wrote this), saying about the exact same thing. Or some lurkers got triggered, or they share the same creator.
Circle of Ossus, my thoughts exactly. Something about this topic seems fishy.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:44 pm

Well, most of these people use gameranger and seldom are ever heard from outside of there. Ugur came to me and others on disord or gameranger to see if we agree with his suggestions. Some refused, but most agree with the fencing school idea at least. I don't see any reason why fencing school is not a ottoman card as heavy infantry are more of a signifigant aspect of the civ now with the nizam.

Circle of Ossus
Texas Ranger
Texas Ranger
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am

I dislike all civs without a fencing school-like tech, except for Paraguay, so I do support the idea. If the team really dislikes the idea, they could go for a middle road by making a late game unique HC card which gives like -25% infantry creation speed, and something else (infantry speed?).
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:54 pm

For anyone who isn't on Discord and hasn't heard the news, it's been decided that the Ottomans will be reworked more significantly (again) in a way that gets at the root of their current ineffectiveness, rather than small superficial changes. Something to look forward to in a future patch.

By the way, if you're a fan of the mod and are not on Discord, then you definitely should be, given how much is announced exclusively there.

Ramtha
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Egyptians
ESO: Ramttha
Steam: Ramtha

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:30 pm

DIscord channel still alive????

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:49 am

Does seriously nobody ever open Discord?

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:32 am

It's way more alive than this forum.