This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Alucard
Bacamartier
Bacamartier
Favorite Civilization: Egyptians
ESO: CaChaCo

Re: Change Colombian Trickle Techs

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:17 am

I'm pretty sure that your way up to the minute 5-6 was buying food in the market or sending boxes of 300 food, because in the normal way doing as first shipment 3 villagers do not go up so fast if you keep the production of villagers, so I suggest that its price changes to gold so the food will be focused on increasing age

Circle of Ossus
Topic Author
Huampelen
Huampelen
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:21 pm

It is true that you have to use the market. I am against your not so bad solution of changing the cost of the age up to coin: it would resemble a bit too much to the Incan way of aging up. Remember that it can then be seen as a unique from the civ. I wonder what more starting food would do to the civ. Like, a 100 more.

Also pay attention that this thread is not about the age up time (one civ will always have the slowest age up), but more about the food shortages you have in II, and the fact that the HC cards improving the trickle rate are extremely important.
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

Alucard
Bacamartier
Bacamartier
ESO: CaChaCo

Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:15 pm

I do not know if the translator or something is wrong but I understood that "you are against the price change to gold for the rise of age", something that in some post I did and change my mind since I also did a test changing the Protoy cost from the "paisano" from 120 food to 130 gold and believe me that the gameplay is much better apart from that the difference with the Incas is that they have a 100% better drip than Colombia but the difference is that the Incas do not have the best army at age 2

Ramtha
Volunteer
Volunteer
ESO: Ramttha
Steam: Ramtha

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:58 pm

Alucard wrote: I do not know if the translator or something is wrong but I understood that "you are against the price change to gold for the rise of age", something that in some post I did and change my mind since I also did a test changing the Protoy cost from the "paisano" from 120 food to 130 gold and believe me that the gameplay is much better apart from that the difference with the Incas is that they have a 100% better drip than Colombia but the difference is that the Incas do not have the best army at age 2
That idea still alive ??? lol