This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

101mrniceguy10101
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

Hard Ai not hard

Wed May 02, 2018 3:51 am

I've been playing this mod again after a long time and my mate and I are playing 3v3 40 minute treaty with hard ai. Most games the Ai wont reach age 5 at the end of it which is annoying because I love my massive battles

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Hard Ai not hard

Wed May 02, 2018 3:52 am

I think the real problem here is that you're playing 3v3 40 minutes treaty.

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: French

Wed May 02, 2018 4:50 am

@101mrniceguy10101, the mod Wars of Liberty is legendary bad for treaty. I'm surprised how you didn't know about that. I'd recommend you to play treaty with The Asian Dynasties only.
Also, the creator of Age of Empires III did not make AI able to play on treaty mode (eh, another proof that treaty is not really appreciated), and my knowledge is a little limited for the moment to fix that.
But, if you insist, I'd recommend you to use the Zen Master AI, coded by Panmaster. It's exclusively made for playing on treaty mode (but it's a Work in Progress, thus some bugs may occur). You might even want to modify it so that it can play with Wars of Liberty (for the moment it is for The Asian Dynasties only).

Anyway, feel free to suggest anything to make them even harder (if possible, give suggestions about Supremacy).
Mis band dondrna b at fa so gaga oe ts maay angle lery

101mrniceguy10101
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

Wed May 02, 2018 5:02 am

I mean ai wasnt perfect but it was a relatively decent fight and good fun. Zen master ai sounds interesting thats for sure. Thanks mate

JamieRo
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Mon May 07, 2018 3:29 pm

How much harder is the Zen Master AI than this exactly? I'm just curious. I'm fine at the moment though. I'm not nearly as good enough to straight up trounce this AI yet.