This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

DayoftheNinja
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Zulu
Steam: DayoftheNinja

The Caribbean Update: Featuring Haiti!

Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Now Available!
The Caribbean Update

Yes, for those of you that didn't already figure it out, Wars of Steven Universe was an April Fools joke! This team is here to stay, whether you like us or not. That said, if you did run your updater yesterday you may have noticed that there was a real update available: The Caribbean Update, featuring the Haitian civilization!

Along with numerous bugfixes and some new voicesets, the Caribbean patch brings with it the Civilization of Revolution: the Haitians! If you haven't already, run your updater and get online to test out this new civ!

Features
  • Numerous new voicesets including unique Peruvian, American, and Bulgarian voices. Special shoutouts go to @Condor, @Iron Kaiser, and GideonAI for providing these!
  • Even more improved AI thanks to @ AlistairJah!

The Haitians, the civilization of Revolution.
  • Expansive Empire. The further away your military units are from your Town Center, the stronger they are. This bonus does not stack, so it will only work with the closest Town Center.
    Screenshot
    Port-au-Prince, the Haitian capital
  • Poverty. The cheapest age-up option is even cheaper and slower than usual. Conversely, the most expensive is even more expensive and faster.
    Screenshot
    Selection of Haitian Politicians
  • Rule through Revolution. Each age, the Haitians have access to a revolutionary politician; a new set of presidents to rule your empire. They are more expensive than other politicians, but research extremely quickly and bring powerful military advantages.
    Screenshot
    Age I Haitian Politicians
  • Units & Buildings:
    Screenshot
    Polish Immigrants
    - Royalist: Unique explorer. Carries a machete and generates XP when gathering from treasures.
    Screenshot
    The Haitian Explorer, the Royalist
    - Sevite: Unique villager. Works as a normal villager, with the exception that instead of dying, they collapse.
    - Affranchi: Coronel with new texture and new name.
    - Picket: Conscript counterpart. It's large line-of-sight makes it useful for penetrating deep into enemy territory.
    - Caco: Escopetero counterpart. Has a bonus against villagers in Melee.
    Screenshot
    ImageHaitian RG, the Zinglit
    - Voodoo Monument: the Haitian unique building is an unassuming landmark with the powerful ability to convert enemy units to your cause.
  • Numerous bugfixes, especially focused on cheese revealed in the ongoing tournament. Full changelog can be found here!
Screenshot
Siege of Santo Domingo
Feel free to discuss the patch here and, in the meantime, we'll see you on the battlefield!

⛵ 🇭🇹 ⛵

václav.mašat
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Re: The Caribbean Update: Featuring Haiti!

Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:44 pm

I bet you want a feedback so here is some:
New nationis great, as always. Unique with few own units, upgrades and religion. I kinda miss some unit shipments that can be sent infinite times - it would be very useful with that XP trickle rate from ranged attacks, but imigrant soldiers will do.
However, i encountered some bugs/flaws, especially these:
1. One of units (i bet it is Caco) stays at Brave state even after upgrading it up to imperial. Cant tell for sure, whether values stays the same, but title does.
2. That bonus based on distance from homecity is waaay too much. I doubt Husar with 1600HP and 110 attack was intentional, and same withother units - Imperial Picket with 800HP and 100+ attack is also unacceptable. If my math is correct, bonus can be up to 200% of original value, which is simply too much.
3. That upgrade which turns ranged attack into experience points - i like it, but again, i think it is very strong bonus. During one big fight, suddenly i have 8 new shipments. Again, way too much.

I think it is all for now - maybe something else will appear in future games. Cant wait for another content :-)

DylanLin
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:50 pm

If there is anything able make me to skip a day of class, this would be it.
However, I found this update also have a few issues:
1. The new civ Haitian shipment "Rum Industry" work improperly, It DOES send me two gold work carts. But I am only able to build one...
2. I am not able to know if the mystical prestige shipment work properly or not, maybe adding an indicator that show the sevites that is under the boost effect (like Egypt's hero's skill but without those noise) would be great.
3. game against some Balkan civ still kinda lag.
4. Following Hapsburg's shipments icon is missing: Maximilian's Reform, Congress of Vienna, Onate Treaty.

TR_Feds
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:43 am

Downloading now. Two questions tho:

1) Are the haitians the only faction that comes with the patch? Just now I saw a random youtube video with some guy playing as the belgians.
2) Regarding the screenshot of the polish soldiers: those french units are new? or are they using a new skin?

EDIT

Holly molly, love the new french units skins, good job guys! The ranger and the frontlinesman are really nice
Last edited by TR_Feds on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

HrdsHrdrck
Naffatun
Naffatun
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:54 am

DylanLin wrote: 1. The new civ Haitian shipment "Rum Industry" work improperly, It DOES send me two gold work carts. But I am only able to build one...
I confirm that the card works correctly. Are you sure you have enough population to build the building? (I comment because that happened to my xd)
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt

HrdsHrdrck
Naffatun
Naffatun

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:57 am

TR_Feds wrote: Downloading now. Two questions tho:

1) Are the haitians the only faction that comes with the patch? Just now I saw a random youtube video with some guy playing as the belgians.
2) Regarding the screenshot of the polish soldiers: those french units are new? or are they using a new skin?
1.- Probably the dude was playing an scenario in the editor where Belgium is available (although not in its final version)
2.- Are inmigrants

Mezzurah
Fur Trader
Fur Trader

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:12 am

Well, dang!  I was looking forward to the new Homeworld Civilization; I guess that does it for the Equestria Civ I was going to suggest...

On a serious note, question:  Are the Hatians meant to have a Revolution option similar to Europeans?

HrdsHrdrck
Naffatun
Naffatun

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:21 am

Mezzurah wrote: Well, dang!  I was looking forward to the new Homeworld Civilization; I guess that does it for the Equestria Civ I was going to suggest...

On a serious note, question:  Are the Hatians meant to have a Revolution option similar to Europeans?
the haitians already have a revolution option similar to europeans, the most expensive politician in the age III, slightly op from my point of view.

Mezzurah
Fur Trader
Fur Trader

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:32 am

HrdsHrdrck wrote:
Mezzurah wrote: Well, dang!  I was looking forward to the new Homeworld Civilization; I guess that does it for the Equestria Civ I was going to suggest...

the haitians already have a revolution option similar to europeans, the most expensive politician in the age III, slightly op from my point of view.
I meant, do they get one at Age 4 that gives you a unique revolutionary unit and locks you out of the Imperial Age?  I'll assume that's a no; thank you for clearing that up!

HrdsHrdrck
Naffatun
Naffatun

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:34 am

Well, you just said a revolution similar to the Europeans :p