This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Siggi1995
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

China

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:40 pm

Now i know this is supposedly supposed to go into the bug reports but i'm unsure if its just me or if other people experience this 
  • More Population. The Chinese have a larger population limit than other civilizations, much larger, in fact, this limit increases by 10 with every age up.
    this doesn't work for me i'm actually curious if this works for everyone so by this text its 4 age up meaning your maximum population should be around 240
    Please let me know if this works for anyone else as i'm honestly curious at what stage of development this mod is its a really nice mod and overall extremely creative despite the lack of the original civilizations being mostly like they were before card wise but that's to be expected 

Rampo
Hwacha
Hwacha
Steam: BG_Rampo

Re: China

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:21 am

i'm checking this, Siggi1995 . also have you researched all extra total population improvement tech in Village (a building that act as house and livestock pen)?
also, notice, maximum total population that can obtain here for AOE 3 (both basic and expansion, as well as mod AOE 3) is 250
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Militem Fides
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Italians

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Rampo, so there is no way to leave the population at a limit of 300?
"In nomine Domini"
"Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam"
"Um Deus, um rei, uma fé, uma lei"

Siggi1995
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Yes i researched everything i made sure that the actual population was above 220 as that was my limit age V my true limit was somewhere around 300 because of town centers etc

Militem Fides
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Italians

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:38 pm

Well, even though I make modifications to the xml file to try to get a population of 300, it never goes over 250 as Rampo said ...
"In nomine Domini"
"Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam"
"Um Deus, um rei, uma fé, uma lei"

Siggi1995
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:51 pm

and again my goal is not 300 its 240 like the mod description says its supposed to be

Rampo
Hwacha
Hwacha
Steam: BG_Rampo

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:35 am

i got it, Siggi1995 . i think China civs may gain total 250 maximun available population here. if you mix with that bonus (this limit increases by 10 with every age up) with extra total population improvement tech in Village. i think it will gain that.
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Siggi1995
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:19 pm

Yes but i was unsuccessful to gain the bonus is that a bug or something on my side that i might've failed to do during installation??

sabakun
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Iroquois
ESO: LordSabakun
Steam: lordsabakun

Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Hi Siggi1995! Did you tried to send both HC cards Nomadic Settlement & Nomadis Expansion? Thoses cards increase villages build limit by 1+2=3! Perhaps this will allow you to have 250 pop cap, but I'm not 100% sure ...
Watch your back, Iroquois are comming back !

Alucard
Bacamartier
Bacamartier
Favorite Civilization: Egyptians
ESO: CaChaCo

Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:52 pm

Description of china is wrong , i asked for someone of the wol team before