This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Moderator: wyteraven

wyteraven
Topic Author
The King's Return Team
The King's Return Team

Release of Age Empires 3: The King's Return (Beta 1.0)

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:24 pm

Finally, the King's Return mod of the game Age of Empires 3 is available to download ,after so many broken promises:) . This is a Beta 1.0 version of the game. Download from this Link

Game Features and what is there in the Beta?
All the new 4 civilizations along with new their units, technologies and new game play concepts are available in this Beta version. The new civilizations are: Persians, Mongols, Oyo Kingdom and Kongo Kingdom (African). The mod has dozen of improvements to the AOE 3 game, for example all new civilizations speak their real languages. New units and buildings with totally new graphics. New set of animations, weapons / swords, techs effects and even new special characteristic for some units. For example, Ngulu Warrior available to Kongo: an warrior armed executioner sword, he has a small chance to kill any infantry unit or villager instantly.

The King's Return introduces totally unique and fresh game concepts that will spice up the game and adds more realism to it. The following features are all included in the Beta version of the King's Return mod: Choose a Timurid Mongol civilization and plunder your enemies gold. Force your enemy into slavery. European civilizations can now enslave African villagers while an Ottoman player can enslave Christian villagers (white slave). Portuguese can enslave Asian villagers. New Religion System: pray at churches and temples to collect enough faith to inspire your villagers Morales and even to declare Jihad! Religion is available to : Spanish, Portuguese, Ottomans, Persians and African Kingdoms (discover it yourself now in the Beta version or wait for next week detailed article about Religion System in the game).

So what is missing?

The following major things are still under development: new random maps, new Home Cities (except for the Persians), AI for new civilizations.

Would you like to be a part of the King's Return Project?
just contact me here or contact me on info.aoe3kr@gmail.com

Comments, Critics and Bugs?
If you have any comment, critic or you found any in bug in the Beta, don't hesitate to share your opinions or findings.

huanglukuzhu
Age of Dynasties Team
Age of Dynasties Team

Re: Release of Age Empires 3: The King's Return (Beta 1.0)

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:00 am

Why no reply? Congratulations to YOU!
Your mod is very well made and there are signs indicated that you have paid tons of hours in it. Especially brand new playstyles and graphics.
Better than me, I'm lazy.

wyteraven
Topic Author
The King's Return Team
The King's Return Team

Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:34 am

huanglukuzhu wrote: Why no reply? Congratulations to YOU!
Your mod is very well made and there are signs indicated that you have paid tons of hours in it. Especially brand new playstyles and graphics.
Thank a lot :) Yes modding is VERY time consuming but it is fun doing.

huanglukuzhu
Age of Dynasties Team
Age of Dynasties Team

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:46 am

wyteraven wrote: huanglukuzhu:
Why no reply? Congratulations to YOU!

Thank a lot :) Yes modding is VERY time consuming but it is fun doing.
If it isn't,I doubt there is still one person doing it.

Circle of Ossus
Carabinier
Carabinier
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:37 pm

Indeed, congratulations with the release! I am intrigued by your Persian design. Will try them when my exams have ended.

wyteraven
Topic Author
The King's Return Team
The King's Return Team

Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:06 pm

Thanks Circle of Ossus and good luck with the exams. Your feedback about the mod is highly appreciated once you have free time to play.

Circle of Ossus
Carabinier
Carabinier

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:47 am

The Persian civ is gorgeous to see and hear. Nice!
But I do have an installation problem I think: the title of the mod isn't mentioned anywhere, quite some textures were missing, the Mongol gold did not work and other things. I think the problem is that I have a steam installation. Do you know any solution? And would you care telling me the difference between the rug market and rug plantation? (I had build only rug markets for the autogather so that I didn't need the plantation)

wyteraven
Topic Author
The King's Return Team
The King's Return Team

Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Circle of Ossus wrote: But I do have an installation problem I think: the title of the mod isn't mentioned anywhere, quite some textures were missing, the Mongol gold did not work and other things. I think the problem is that I have a steam installation. Do you know any solution?
You have installed it correctly. These are all bugs that need to be fixed. A better Beta version will be released very soon and it will resolve all these major bugs. The Rug Workshop is equivalent to regular plantation. On the other hand, the Rug Market should have a limit of 1 only (it will be fixed in the coming new Beta). Basically, the Rug Market acts as a powerful plantation that you can configure to produce coin by wholesale (auto-gather) or retail (spawn crates of coin at slow rate but with higher coin than wholesale). You can also task villagers to gather coin from it like regular plantations.

The Persians have 3 Buildings that empower your economy: 1. The Rug Market (as described above), 2. The Persian Mill (configure it to get bonus to food gathering of herds, palm trees or farms) and finally the Caravanserai (the saloon building, it has a passive bonus that as long as this saloon stands, all resources obtained from trading posts get extra 5% resources).

Circle of Ossus
Carabinier
Carabinier

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:54 pm

I had trouble installing the new version you gave. I found it weird that there was a age of empires 3 map inside the bin folder (steam version), so I moved everything from inside it to the bin folder. Then, it worked. Another issue: the Kongo future villager. 10,000 food is a gigantic number to accumelate. Isn't 500 or 700 more reasonable?

Keep up the beautiful work!

wyteraven
Topic Author
The King's Return Team
The King's Return Team

Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:15 am

Kongo Child is a little bet confusing for everyone.The amount of food in the Kongo children is just an indicator for growing stage. Children will actually grow-up by slowly adding food to their inventory. Children near mothers will grow up much faster (you will notice special aura around the child unit when it's near any mother).  A child starts with 0 food. When the child reaches 100 food in the inventory he will grow-up into an adult (visually will change). Only grown up children can gather or attack. Grown up children of villager-type can only gather food (but +10% faster than regular villager). There are 3 types of children you can spawn for free from mothers: villager , spearman and gunslinger.