You get this "special" unit once you choose a specific politician to age-up. Each politician will have a small unique bonus(es) that will reflect the nature of the politician (or his shipment). For example the Exiled Prince has large LOS, can receive shipment, build TC and has the ability to go back to home city shipment point. Additionally, to balance out politicians and to add more variety & fun, less used politicians will have better bonuses (like the naturalist).
The followings outline each politician with initial ideas of bonuses associated with the politician unit. It is still conceptual and not final so feel free to suggest any new ideas about the whole concept of the in-game politicians:
General Politicians Attributes:
- Can be garrisoned in TC/Outposts/Forts.
- Regenerate HP.
- Dies (unlike explorers).
- Cost no Population.
- Can collect treasures
1. The Bishop (2 settlers / settler wagon):
- Repentance Ability: Convert any outlaw guardian. The converted outlaw unit can work (gather resources) like villagers but at lower rates.
- Can heal, like regular priest. Bishops with religious Civ (Portuguese/Spanish) can pray at church.
- Can build outposts & walls (faster than villager).
- Outposts/TCs nearby the Governor have better attack by 10% (large range .
- Can work as herder (collect food from herds faster than villagers).
- Spawn additional sheep/cows each time the player age-up (as long as the naturalist is alive).
- Build economical buildings.
- 300 infinite food HC shipment available through this politician
- Can see stealth.
- Build trading posts (fast like explorer).
- 300 infinite wood HC shipment available through this politician
1. The Admiral of the Ocean Sea (caravel, 400 wood):
- Increase all ships limit by 2
- Sends a second "explorer" but that dies when get killed.
- Anti-Natives ability: kill any native unit with a single shot attack
- Has the same abilities/attributes of the explorer unit.
- Government in exile: The Exiled Prince has large LOS, can receive shipments and build TC.
- Flee : the ability to go back to home city shipment point.
- Can see stealth.
- Enable training pirates from saloon and lower their pop by 2.
- Increase hp/attack of nearby pirates.
- Slighty better attack/hp than regular skirmisher.
- Sniper shot: kill any single unit in one shot.
- ** : Instead of 2 scouts you get 2 tomahawk warriors.
- Can train mantlets & tomahawk warriors.
- Increase attack/hp of nearby minor native units.
- Research Upgrade Techs for mantlets & tomahawk warriors for free through The Mohawk Statesman.
- Has stealth ability.
- Medium-to-low attack/hp.
- The Scout's speed get increased as the player ages.
- Pikeman-type unit.
- Summon Volunteers Ability: summon 2 temporary pikemen.
- Spike Attack: kill any single cavalry in 1 pike attack.
1. The Cavalry Marshal (9 ruyters / 3 cuirassiers / 6 uhlans / 5 hussars / 6 cossacks / 5 lancers):
- Powerful unit
- Train Cavalry Units.
- Increase nearby cavalry ubits speed / hp / attack by 5%-10%.
- increase nearby speed of artillery units.
- Construct artillery units.
- Special Ability: train heavy cannon (but still cost resources).
- For each Spahi HC shipment you use, you can get the same shipment through the Grand Vizier
- Convert any single Spahi to "Silahtar Sipahi" an upgraded version of spahi unit.
- You get 5 units of kings' musketeers instead of the regular musketeers.
- Powerful unit with musket and great fencing sword (melee attack)
- Special Ability: swashbuckler
- Can train the same unit (limit 5 units).
- Auto-generate gold.
- Increase speed of TP's train & stagecoach units.
- Build TC/ receive shipments.
- Train settlers & infantry units.
- Train any lost politicians.
- Train military units.
- increase hp & attack of nearby military units.