This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Moderator: checanos

checanos
Topic Author
Wars of Middle Earth Team

Re: Presentation

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:41 am

Pepp wrote: Simple question: how would you portray the difference of ent and huorn?

I was thinking of having the Ents as native warriors and Huorns as either secondary native units or as a mercenary unit, I haven't worked on Huorns yet though. I kind of think it would make more sense to have them as native units. How would you portray them?

(I'm sorry for the late response. I'm really bad at responding to peoples messages, I'm trying to get better at it.)

Pepp
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Favorite Civilization: Indonesians

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:07 am

Me? I'd put ent as a native or mercenary and huorn as wild attacking creature which appear alongside trees, maybe as treasure guardians too.

HrdsHrdrck
Firebrand
Firebrand
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:19 am

if i can give you an idea, maybe the huorns could be treasure guardians and pets and could be created with an ents technology that spawn 1 for every 2-3 minutes of the game up to 30 minutes or something similar
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt

checanos
Topic Author

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:31 am

Pepp wrote: Me? I'd put ent as a native or mercenary and huorn as wild attacking creature which appear alongside trees, maybe as treasure guardians too.

Yeah definitely the ents are natives, I already made them. It was more about the Huorns. It might be interesting to have them hidden in the Forests in the Fangorn Forest map and have them ambush units of careless players that get too close to them.   ><

HrdsHrdrck wrote: if i can give you an idea, maybe the huorns could be treasure guardians and pets and could be created with an ents technology that spawn 1 for every 2-3 minutes of the game up to 30 minutes or something similar

They might also be good as treasure guardians  :hmm:

blackcrusader
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:03 am

Hi! Will there,by any chance for the Balrog,Sauron and Undead forces to be present in the game?And thank you for still working on this mod.Wish you the best of luck from Asia.(: