This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Post Office! This forum is for off-topic discussion.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

LordSandwich
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Re: Remodification and Content Stealing

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:30 am

Damn, sorry to hear that people just take assets modders worked on, just to release it as their own :/ (and while doing so, giving the Belgians the wrong flag ... lol) Good luck on SoL and hopefully people will learn that respecting and adoring others' work isn't the same as just taking it to create their own "fanmod", based on what they think should be changed or isn't "fixed" yet. 
"It wouldn't be Age of Empires without berries."

mandosrex
VIP
VIP
Steam: mandosrex

Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:38 pm

Pepp wrote: Here's the hoe
XD
I gotta say though, that name... Revolution in World... wut
This is why I'm reluctant to change names. Not that... I would want to. Ahem.

Anyway, Hoop is right, the only way to combat content stealing (kinda ironic coming from me. ahem again) is to just keep working on your mod and always offer a superior product. As soon as they take your mod and start working on it, if you release updates, they won't be able to keep up for long.

Pierre Jean
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Turks

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:47 pm

@Pepp, look at this. 4 Like, wtf this is so hilarious! No one will ever reach the high quality of the real SoI!
Attachments
IMG_20170930_213308.JPG
You are not responsible for the head you have but you are responsible for the mouth you make.

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Pierre Jean wrote: @Pepp, look at this. 4 Like, wtf this is so hilarious! No one will ever reach the high quality of the real SoI!
Lol I know that Framebuffer guy.