This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Post Office! This forum is for off-topic discussion.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

carlosbarano
Guerrillero
Guerrillero

Re: Age of empires IV announce

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Now that I found this post, can the mod be transported, copied, moved (whatever the verb) to the new age of empires 3 DE? in order to have 4k graphics wol :)  is that humanly possible? thanks 

Septafolia
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: Canadians

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:18 pm

We have no idea…about anything…yet.

I personally think the graphics we have to work with are good enough, and if the Definitive Edition's graphics are significantly more detailed in any way, it could mean having to redo a lot of the mods' graphics and make doing any new ones a lot more difficult.
Image Image Image Image

MrMushasii
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:16 pm

The remakes and remasters of the remakes so far have been pretty bad, hardly edited games. I don't know how many files are changed in previous games and if it made all the work futile, but I doubt it. They also definitely won't be adding this much civilizations (if any), which is the main reason I play WoL.

As for Age of Empires IV, meh. Relic's last RTS sucked ass, they are known to cashgrab for everything and I wonder how well Age of Empires will work in a modern era (which is presumably what it will be, considering the trailer is AoE 1 - 3 in chronological order of appearance, with Concept Art from the AoE 3 CE book and that CE book had a modern era as IV). It's all rumors, but hey, I'm #pessimistic.

Rampo
Independentista
Independentista

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:18 am

If Age Of Empires 3 base on the Gunpowder war (like musketeer, hussar, dragoon, ...), i think the next Age Of Empires 4 will base on the World War (I and II), even the modern war with a new and modernized units (the rifleman, sniper, bazooka, Tanks, Anti tank and Anti air artillery, air planes, submarines, battleships....)
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Dr Roach
Independentista
Independentista

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:58 pm

The only good reason to switch to AoE3DE for this mod would be if it had official-ish modding support or a model format which didn't involve a three thousand buck program.

Rampo
Independentista
Independentista

Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:55 am

Ah, I forgot, If you look in real life, you'll see that the world is now modernized and modernized, even the new technology: Robot, as well as journey to new planet, like mars, ...
That's a reason why I think AOE 3 is not the End, if considered in real life. I give you the picture i take from my known website, Of course it's just a guess

We just stop at AOE III, The gunpowder war. It's the end or not, depend on Microsoft Games and Ensemble Studios
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo