This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Post Office! This forum is for off-topic discussion.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Rampo
Topic Author
Blandengue
Blandengue

Re: Fixing bugs by myself (Postponed, terminated)

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Persian_Fusilier wrote: Dude, you should know for developing any game or game mod, there should be a team and rules, if we didn't have these rules we couldn't expand WotTA to WoL. so if you want to fix bugs or do anything for this mod you should keep telling to us before do anything, even if any of team member has any idea discuss about it with others. however because there is a sincere cooperation here, we are welcome everyone who wants to help.
you make all of things like: units, tech, ... in WOTTA, to WOL, that is good but Not all of unit or tech which is available in WOTTA, can be used in correct effect in WOL. I give the big button tech in Tupi Longhouse as example:
In WOTTA: this tech work because you make this tech have correct effect (Correct building, the Longhouse in iroquois)
In WOL: this tech is useless because this tech use old effect (Longhouse in iroquois), while you make new Longhouse for Tupi, so that this tech from now on is spawn nothing after reached (incorrect effect). Thanks to my knowledge, i've fixed this, but no one tested it, this is horrible. I'm not a WOL member so that you aren't accept these my fixing stuff??
Another one: Paraguay HC Card "Comunera" and "Ferrocarril", which are detected in WOTTA by me, aren't fixed in WOL. I've fixed tech "Comunera". About the tech "Ferrocarril": remember, you can only make an unit available in an earlier age, but not for a tech, so that, even you make effect to change tech "Iron Horse" to Capital Age, the effect is deadly wrong, still need to reach To Industrial Age to do so. So that tech "Ferrocarril" only correct effect at free cost of trade upgrade but can't make tech "Iron Horse" work in Capital age
About the unnecessary tech (Bonus) i've create, i create this for making better effect without ruined game, for example:
Canadian and Australian Imperial Unit: they can only reach to Officer status - for Canadian, and Provisionary status - for australian, only, while other ANGLOS Unit, except militia, spontooner and sapper, can reach to Royal status - for Canadian and Expeditionary - for australian. perhaps you afraid that upgrade them may make them very powerful??? I don't think so
Mapuche Mawidanche: you did auto upgrade in Inca Manco Horseman, why don't you do that in this unit. Perhaps this unit is too powerful to do so???
Royal Decree Tech: 
In German: Dolpelsolder not train in this colony anymore, but you keep tech "Zweihander" here, which deliver Dolpelsolders. this seems wrong. 
In Spanish: you didn't add tech "wild Goose", which deliver some Hackapell. 
In Maltese: you didn't add tech "high Crussade". oh, i forgot. there's a tech "Corso Galleys" which deliver 11 galleys, this is absolutely worse idea because galleys limit is 5. Instead of deliver 11 galleys, i've fixed this, which deliver only 5, but make them a little bit better in combat 
thanks to my creative and a little bit logistic, i've created some new Royal Decree tech there to fix some issues...
Perhaps WOL member don't like creative things which is made by an user not in WOL member??? Remember, before my project and patch 1.0.9c here, i've create a better one, include my new bonus colony - which are my secret, not told to anyone, Danish and Belgian colony, some of bugs fixed i've done
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Persian_Fusilier
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Re: Fixing bugs by myself (Postponed, terminated)

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:53 pm

Rampo wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:44 pm
you make all of things like: units, tech, ... in WOTTA, to WOL, that is good but Not all of unit or tech which is available in WOTTA, can be used in correct effect in WOL. I give the big button tech in Tupi Longhouse as example:
In WOTTA: this tech work because you make this tech have correct effect (Correct building, the Longhouse in iroquois)
In WOL: this tech is " ...
It seems you did not get the point of my talks,
I dont talk about what have you done and I'm not saying your efforts are useless or bad but I'm saying you can't share your own bonuses and changes, not even your own fixes, alright? Because its not how a game or mod getting updates and patches, Its actually be like every citizen try enforcing their own law in city, and soon city will ruin. Even if they think their own law and rules are best...