This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Post Office! This forum is for off-topic discussion.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Rampo
Topic Author
Huampelen
Huampelen

Fixing bugs by myself (Postponed, terminated)

Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:06 am

To whom of all WOL gamers

Sorry for the mess again. Last time, i've post a new topic in order to make my fixing some issue bugs so that gamers have no problem during playing this game. here's the post link i've talked about:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=512

Unfortunately, I and WOL team members have some divergent between my update. the WOL members think my update may break their game. So that my project about fixing WOL issue bugs is now postponed, and i'm not able to upload my next bugs fixed anymore
So, if any gamers want the post i've talked here, be careful, i don't know what's going on, but this post may be moved or deleted any time
This divergent force me to give up on fixing bugs. I'm so sorry everyone. And Thank you everyone for encouraging me. Maybe i'll play a better game and wait until this game has a new patch to use

Take Care

BG Rampo
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Re: Fixing bugs by myself (Postponed, terminated)

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:38 pm

Ok, let's get this straight:
You're being incredibly overdramatic, not just dramatic, not just overdramatic, but incredibly overdramatic.
  • You asked for permission to post what bugs you fixed. I thought you meant it as a ''patch notes'' kind of thing, which you did too and that's good. I wanted to see what you were able to fix to see if I could offer you to help us oficially.
  • You posted this ''patch'' that not only included a bunch of bug fixing but SEVERAL features that actually beak the balance hard. I'm sure that most than 50% of what you did in that patch isn't fixing bugs, but making unnecessary design changes to the game.
  • That's what Fenriz told you in the thread, I requested your bug fixing, not a whole new patch that, well, refer to Hoop thrower's comment to see what I mean.
  • No one is forbidding you to do anything, this is not North Korea, but bear in mind that we will always warn players about this kind of things. Last time a fan uploaded a ''fan patch'' for features he considered to be good, it broke the game of many players at the moment to patch and they had to delete and reinstall everything from the beginning, so yeah, that's my problem.
  • If what you want is to help and not to be dramatic and pretend to be a hero, you can PM any team member and we will tell you the best way to ACTUALLY help the mod be better, instead of doing this, which is not awful, but still pretty bad.
Can we stop this unnecessary and uncalled for drama, please?

Persian_Fusilier
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:48 pm

Dude, you should know for developing any game or game mod, there should be a team and rules, if we didn't have these rules we couldn't expand WotTA to WoL. so if you want to fix bugs or do anything for this mod you should keep telling to us before do anything, even if any of team member has any idea discuss about it with others. however because there is a sincere cooperation here, we are welcome everyone who wants to help.

proerd888
Voluntário da Pátria
Voluntário da Pátria
Favorite Civilization: Greeks
ESO: guest6777
Steam: guest6777

Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Dude, could you send a contact directly to the discord?
[̲̅Q̲̅υ̲̅α̲̅и̲̅d̲̅σ̲̅ ̲̅v̲̅σ̲̅c̲̅ê̲̅ ̲̅є̲̅ร̲̅т̲̅i̲̅v̲̅є̲̅я̲̅ ̲̅l̲̅є̲̅и̲̅d̲̅σ̲̅ ̲̅м̲̅є̲̅υ̲̅ ̲̅c̲̅σ̲̅м̲̅є̲̅и̲̅т̲̅á̲̅я̲̅i̲̅σ̲̅,̲̅ ̲̅є̲̅υ̲̅ ̲̅є̲̅ร̲̅т̲̅α̲̅я̲̅є̲̅i̲̅ ̲̅l̲̅á̲̅] - Julius Rock

Rampo
Topic Author
Huampelen
Huampelen

Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:17 pm

proerd888 wrote: Dude, could you send a contact directly to the discord?
what contact is it??

BG Rampo

Rampo
Topic Author
Huampelen
Huampelen

Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:31 pm

Jutlander wrote: Ok, let's get this straight:
You're being incredibly overdramatic, not just dramatic, not just overdramatic, but incredibly overdramatic.
  • You asked for permission to post what bugs you fixed. I thought you meant it as a ''patch notes'' kind of thing, which you did too and that's good. I wanted to see what you were able to fix to see if I could offer you to help us oficially.
  • You posted this ''patch'' that not only included a bunch of bug fixing but SEVERAL features that actually beak the balance hard. I'm sure that most than 50% of what you did in that patch isn't fixing bugs, but making unnecessary design changes to the game.
  • That's what Fenriz told you in the thread, I requested your bug fixing, not a whole new patch that, well, refer to Hoop thrower's comment to see what I mean.
  • No one is forbidding you to do anything, this is not North Korea, but bear in mind that we will always warn players about this kind of things. Last time a fan uploaded a ''fan patch'' for features he considered to be good, it broke the game of many players at the moment to patch and they had to delete and reinstall everything from the beginning, so yeah, that's my problem.
  • If what you want is to help and not to be dramatic and pretend to be a hero, you can PM any team member and we will tell you the best way to ACTUALLY help the mod be better, instead of doing this, which is not awful, but still pretty bad.
Can we stop this unnecessary and uncalled for drama, please?
I've tested carefully before updating this bugs fixed, even i add some bonus, not only have correct effect after reaching some techs and/or training some specialize units, but also have no errors for AI and not detect any illegal things. also I create a backup in case of something problem. As you say: a fan uploaded a ''fan patch'' for features he considered to be good, it broke the game of many players at the moment to patch and they had to delete and reinstall everything from the beginning, so yeah, that's my problem. The reason of this matter is that fan uploader forgot to test all things he've done and to make a backup in case of something wrong. Also you forgot my saying: "Not all of bugs i've fixed", that means some of bugs that easy for me to detect and fix only, so that i'm not a master of fixing bugs, you can take Paraguay HC Card "Comunera" as example (I'll tell this if you like)
Maybe some of WOL team member may perform conversation to me in another one, like facebook, .... perhaps i and one of WOL team member together talk about this problem

BG Rampo

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:45 pm

That's what I'm talking about, the bonuses you created are bad and unnecessary.

proerd888
Voluntário da Pátria
Voluntário da Pátria

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Jutlander wrote: That's what I'm talking about, the bonuses you created are bad and unnecessary.

I agree
[̲̅Q̲̅υ̲̅α̲̅и̲̅d̲̅σ̲̅ ̲̅v̲̅σ̲̅c̲̅ê̲̅ ̲̅є̲̅ร̲̅т̲̅i̲̅v̲̅є̲̅я̲̅ ̲̅l̲̅є̲̅и̲̅d̲̅σ̲̅ ̲̅м̲̅є̲̅υ̲̅ ̲̅c̲̅σ̲̅м̲̅є̲̅и̲̅т̲̅á̲̅я̲̅i̲̅σ̲̅,̲̅ ̲̅є̲̅υ̲̅ ̲̅є̲̅ร̲̅т̲̅α̲̅я̲̅є̲̅i̲̅ ̲̅l̲̅á̲̅] - Julius Rock

proerd888
Voluntário da Pátria
Voluntário da Pátria

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Rampo wrote:
proerd888 wrote: Dude, could you send a contact directly to the discord?
what contact is it??

You dont know what is Discord???

Rampo
Topic Author
Huampelen
Huampelen

Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:15 am

Jutlander wrote: That's what I'm talking about, the bonuses you created are bad and unnecessary.
The bonus i've created, you may dismiss, if you don't want this to use. talk about it later. The important is bugs that i've detected fixed first. Don't worry about unnecessary bonus. I remember how i can restore to its default because i've created my backup. Maybe next time i'll upload my fixing bugs only, not new bonus anymore

BG Rampo