This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Post Office! This forum is for off-topic discussion.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

RockeRZ6
Paisano
Paisano
Favorite Civilization: Brazilians
Steam: Steel Legion Garen

Re: Introduce yourself!

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:07 am

Septafolia wrote:Each Latin American civ gets a unique villager, and one civ shouldn't be getting another civ's unique villagers. That's why Brazil has African Slaves and only African Slaves. 
I know. It wasn't my first idea to give gauchos to the entire Empire of Brazil. They are only commom in the extreme south, but because lazyness I decided not to create something entirely new - at least not for now. I kinda recycled that idea from the civ I was creating: República Piratini (Rio Grande do Sul).

Septafolia:

And Brazilian politicians shouldn't be offering unique techs, nor should they have historical figures as politicians. Each culture has a unique age-up system, and Brazil needs to conform to the Latin American system with generic politicians, not the Anglophone system with named politicians and unique techs.
In my opinion, all politicians from all civs should have real names and offer unique techs. I doesn't need to be something OP. Maybe we should let "OP" unique techs to the anglos. Nevertheless, I do think that using real people not only games the game more historically accurate, but also it does emphasize their respective culture. I don't see why this should be exclusive to Australia/Canada/US.

Septafolia:

I don't blame him.
Neither do I. If at least it had a bigger blue square and a different hue of yellow, it would be a bit less horrible.

Overall, while I agree that some changes might not fit the philosophy of the mod -unique techs for all politicians in the game-, some others should be implemented -specially the abolition techs ones-.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:52 am

I see no reason why giving named politicians to every civ would be more "historically accurate. If anything, it sounds like some kind of masturbatory positivist history fantasy.

RockeRZ6
Paisano
Paisano

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:58 am

Hoop Thrower wrote: I see no reason why giving named politicians to every civ would be more "historically accurate. If anything, it sounds like some kind of masturbatory positivist history fantasy.
You seem to be always nice, don't you? 

Do you really think people want "the explorer" or "the engineer" instead of "Abraham Lincoln" or "Queen Elizabeth"? Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise that was masturbatory fantasy. My bad. 

Pepp
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Favorite Civilization: Indonesians

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:29 am

RockeRZ6 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:58 am

You seem to be always nice, don't you? 

Do you really think people want "the explorer" or "the engineer" instead of "Abraham Lincoln" or "Queen Elizabeth"? Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise that was masturbatory fantasy. My bad. 
Oh, neither you. This is a lot of barnacles. No, European politicians are generic because it eases game developer to share them with other civs.

Is it so hard for people who able to mod to keep their own remodified version for themselves and not forcing it to the original mod developer?
Last edited by Pepp on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RockeRZ6
Paisano
Paisano

Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:04 pm

Pepp wrote:Oh, neither you. 
I'm not the one calling things indirectly stupid or taking passive-agressive stances without a reason, amigo.

Pepp:
This is a lot of barnacles. No, European politicians are generic because it eases game developer to share them with other civs. 
Considering the game was made in 2006 -when computers were a ton slower, had less storage capacity and they had to follow the schedule to release the game in time- yeah, I can see why they did this. 

Pepp:
Is it so hard for people who able to mod to keep their own remodified version for themselves and not forcing it to the original developer?
What? Am I prohibited to give opinions and suggestions? Forcing? No... just no. One thing is to say "you HAVE to do this" - another is to say "I did this and I think it's better. Maybe this could be done to all civs". Then the hoop-rude-dude shows up only to critisize the smallest thing he didn't like using fancy words.

Pepp:
original developer
Enseble Studios closed its doors in 2009. [insert kappa pride meme here]

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:44 pm

Ok, just stop it.
You're free to have your own version, of course, and as long as it makes you happy, it's a good version, but the changes are definitely bad from a design perspective, it's just a bunch of low hanging fruit that ends up making everything look like a mess, that's why we would never include it.

Rampo
Dragoon
Dragoon

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:01 pm

I think, with your skill here, you must be very skillful of most of thing you know, RockeRZ6, even more than me.
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Kyouawwdapoobs
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:37 pm

hey, hello im dav and im a big fan of the wars of liberty mod, so i got right into the experience and fairly new, so im looking to visit the online community that surrounds this mod and the team 
hoping to see more that comes out of the mod!, so yeah hi. oh im more known as therealDav45, but name was taken so i made up kyou, thats it
i am the walrus. googoogichooc

Mezzurah
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:57 pm

Hello, I go by the handle Mezzurah, and I wanna say you folks have done an awesome job with this mod!  I made this account a long while back to report any bugs I find, but it seems other people are more on top of that so I doubt you'll be hearing much from me.

In any event, thanks for all your hard work!

seko99
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:00 am

seko99 here, currently suffering from univ and the only thing that makes me happy are cats and pizza. Doesn't do much gaming right now compared to last year but recently gaining interest in the mod due to randomly reading wikipedia article on south american history. 

Keep up your good work