This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Post Office! This forum is for off-topic discussion.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Bloodedge
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Re: Introduce yourself!

Thu May 23, 2019 8:23 am

Hello, I just discovered this topic late, so I will introduce myself, Bloodedge, I am a French living in Alsace (a French region).
And I live alone with my cat and I am the elder of a sibling understanding with me including four brothers and four sister ranging from me 34 years old to the youngest who is 19 years old.
I am an amateur RTS and RPG, but hey to be honest my level of play is not great and I have a preference for Paraguay, followed by France, Russia, Germany and Haiti
I hope you enjoyed reading my post. :)

Bon
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Hello, I'm a big RTS fan since the days of Command and Conquer and the very first Age of Empires, but currently my fascination with history has led me further down the Age of Empires path. I'm 21 and resides in the Philippines. :)
Work in progress!

Seebi
Paisano
Paisano
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:46 pm

Hi there,
I started modding on my own, when I discovered WoL. I stopped my own project because WoL offered so many ideas and varieties. The only thing missing was a good German translation, so I did it on my own. I can share it if you want. I'm 25 and from Germany, Servus!

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:04 am

Seebi wrote: Hi there,
I started modding on my own, when I discovered WoL. I stopped my own project because WoL offered so many ideas and varieties. The only thing missing was a good German translation, so I did it on my own. I can share it if you want. I'm 25 and from Germany, Servus!
You're in bad luck, Maxy made one before you  ;) viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2024
Maybe you two should work together for updating it with next patches?
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

Seebi
Paisano
Paisano
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:12 pm

yes I've seen it. It is actually a very rudimentary pre-alpha version, definetly unreleasable! Sorry Maxy...
My verision now is kind a "Seebi beta version" (I'm not happy with all labels, but 99%), but at least it is correctly translated in whole and doubble checked line by line, all in the style of the original TAD version. I wanted to give it to you when its a perfect one ("WoL gamma version") in a few weeks if you are interrested. Unfortunately, Maxy released his version first^^
Patching should not be a problem ;)

Banyana
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Swiss
ESO: Maxy147
Steam: Evil Morty

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:30 pm

Seebi wrote: yes I've seen it. It is actually a very rudimentary pre-alpha version, definetly unreleasable! Sorry Maxy...
My verision now is kind a "Seebi beta version" (I'm not happy with all labels, but 99%), but at least it is correctly translated in whole and doubble checked line by line, all in the style of the original TAD version. I wanted to give it to you when its a perfect one ("WoL gamma version") in a few weeks if you are interrested. Unfortunately, Maxy released his version first^^
Patching should not be a problem ;)
Helloo
Im 2 years late to introduce myself but well here I am.
Well i dont rly got anything to say, the most ppl here know me.

I´ve said somewhere that I will make a 100% version with the next big update. So the Nordic Patch ^^
+ Patching to a new version ( with an unofficial translation ) will make the updater re download ALL patches from version 1.0.9.0G

Greetings Maxy
Smile like a Banyana... Image

ahsidky
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:46 am

From Egypt, Hello to all of you!
I'm Amin. I'm an Interior and Furniture Designer. I'm new here, but not for the Age of Empires collection. I'm playing them since the Age of Rome till the Age of Empires III and the WOL. I started playing strategy games when I was 39 years old when I have time. Now I'm retired and I have the whole time to live my life to create art and to play as I like, after 19 days from today on the 7th of July I'll be 62 ;).
Thank you for this forum, it is very helpful and very nice because of you, the members and the Team behind.

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer

Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:01 pm

ahsidky wrote: From Egypt, Hello to all of you!
I'm Amin. I'm an Interior and Furniture Designer. I'm new here, but not for the Age of Empires collection. I'm playing them since the Age of Rome till the Age of Empires III and the WOL. I started playing strategy games when I was 39 years old when I have time. Now I'm retired and I have the whole time to live my life to create art and to play as I like, after 19 days from today on the 7th of July I'll be 62 ;).
Thank you for this forum, it is very helpful and very nice because of you, the members and the Team behind.
Welcome! It's nice to see that people past the 40 do like the mod too; most fans are 18-30 years old. I hope that the forum will provide you the useful info you need. Some staff here may react a bit hostile here sometimes (I just did that too ^^' ), but they're really nice people. It's just that sometimes people post very stupid/redundant stuff. If you're interested in multiplayer: GameRanger and ESO are the most popular platforms (ESO is the traditional aoe3 multiplayer). I highly suggest joining the community on Discord if you want to be better informed.

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:28 am

YeipiSaBr77 wrote:lmao
Sorry, but forum posts like "haha" "lmao" etc don't offer much value to a conversation, and just shouldn't be posted. And as a first post, this is not too promising about your posting behavior.

EdgarGNZ
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Hello! 
I'm Jalisciense living in Orange County, California. I currently study modern languages and work full time as a nurse. Wars of Liberty has been a life changer. My siblings, friends and I have weekly WOL LAN parties. It is our go to family bonding activity. I cannot thank you enough for the joy it has brought to our lives.