This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Post Office! This forum is for off-topic discussion.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

RL04
Topic Author
Villero
Villero

6th age

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:54 pm

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask when we can expect the 6th age because this would be very great and I like the idea, but we don't get any information about the situation.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely

Kilian

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: 6th age

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:44 pm

When it's done

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Bulgarians

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:46 am

RL04 wrote:I wanted to ask when we can expect the 6th age
Well, aren't you already expecting it now :p?
RL04 wrote:but we don't get any information about the situation.
That's because... uh... that's because you aren't searching in the right place. Join us in Discord (here) if you want a bit more informations. Fresh informations, sneak peeks, spoils, earlier-than-normal announcements, etc. This forum and the whole website are outdated and misleading, and the forum is extremely cringy to be honest :p but devs are way too busy with the mod's contents (and real life business :p) to have the time to update the website - although the website is being reworked.

Regarding Great War, there's no known date. We all got to be patient. Yes, "we". Even devs can't wait to finally finish it. Patience, my friend, patience is a virtue ;)

On a side note, I would be a bit sad if you only care about the Great War and ignore the rest of the awesome contents the mod gives :(
Mis band dondrna b at fa so gaga oe ts maay angle lery

Proxima
Roto
Roto
Favorite Civilization: Ethiopians

Fri May 10, 2019 11:15 am

For me, the sixth era is an unnecessary thing in fashion.
LOVEAOE

Seebi
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:11 pm

Proxima wrote: For me, the sixth era is an unnecessary thing in fashion.
Same here. I think it would be best, if there are two versions in future: One with and one without 6th age. Maybe it could be realized to chose in the game settings whether it will be possible to develop to 6. Like you can chose Postindustrial or not for example.
That would be a fair and valuable compromise.

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Having different game versions makes it impossible to play together on ESO or LAN, so I'm more with the idea of making ingame choice menu. However, the modding possibilities are limited... I'm afraid that's not possible to implement. Unless... :hmm:

DavidIbragimov
Blandengue
Blandengue
Favorite Civilization: Zulu

Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:12 am

Cant it be made into a game mode, that is basically just adding the 6th Age as an option? 

(Question): How will the 6th Age work for civs who dont exactly become advanced, like the natives, who are either gone from power or just dont get advanced past the point they are in right now???
"Once you go Zulu you never go back."

Seebi
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:06 pm

I think, it's a good question, DavidIbragimov

And another question would be, whether the pop limit of 200 then still makes sense... Or how much pop will a tank be compaed to an rifleman or an airplane?

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:44 pm

DavidIbragimov wrote:Cant it be made into a game mode, that is basically just adding the 6th Age as an option?
We can abandon Deathmatch and replace it by Great War option, yes. However I'm not sure how many people would like that idea. Plus, you need a "Deathmatch" homecity for that and since ESO HC number is limited... But yeah, you gave a pretty good idea right there.

As for the rest of your questions (including Seebi's), everything will be the same for all civilizations if I recall correctly. That means Merina will have access to tanks for example (but historically, they didn't have any tank). The justification (call it "excuse" if you want) is pretty simple but I think I'm not in the right position to explain everything about Great War. You'd better ask Septafolia or Fenriz. Or join us on Discord and ask everything you want to know during Freitag!!! moments. Here's the invite link: https://discord.gg/DQjkRVr
Yes David, I know you're already in there.

DavidIbragimov
Blandengue
Blandengue
Favorite Civilization: Zulu

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:55 pm

Seebi wrote: I think, it's a good question, DavidIbragimov

And another question would be, whether the pop limit of 200 then still makes sense... Or how much pop will a tank be compaed to an rifleman or an airplane?
1.Yeah, in alot of games later on, I find that I am unable to reach max potential because of pop. space. Would be nice if the 6th age could have more pop or ways to expand it with techs or cards. 
I mean, lets be honest, if we have a tank, it will probably take up 10+ pop, because it would be very unfair one artillery or Expensive Mercenary would take up the same amount of space as a tank.

@AlistairJah 
I believe there will need to be some nerfs on the current units that are still in the 6th age. Because the industrial civs will switch to Modern tech, and will be equal, but all the very powerful older units will become outclassed and should get either damage reduction or lowered Hp. As much as I would love to see the Winged Hussars take on tanks, it just isnt logical that they would be able to win. 
(edit) It can be that you nerf the older troops, or that you extremely buff up the modern troops. For tanks, for ex., make them have an extreme amount of Hp, while also having a very, very, very powerful shot that takes time to reload. Again, don't know what the future holds, but these are just some thoughts for making the battles relative.
"Once you go Zulu you never go back."