This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Post Office! This forum is for off-topic discussion.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

saifrafatnew
Topic Author
Master Engineer
Master Engineer

WOL What if: "Colonial culture"

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:17 pm

Note: This is not a suggestion at all. I just love alternate history, and thought of one about the game/mod Wars of Liberty itself.

Wat if Wars of Liberty didn't decide two create two separate latin American and Anglophone culture and decided on one "colonial culture" based on countries that gained their independence from Europeans, but retained the culture of the mother nation. I would imagine, this colonial culture would have Anglophone's faction age up, and LA's immigrants and town hall.

So me thinking about the LA nations:
Mexicans - Republic vs Empire? Conservatives vs Liberals?
Brazilians - This would definity be Republicans vs Royalists (Republic of Brazil vs Empire of Brazil).
Haitians - Afro-Haitians vs French colonials?
Columbians - Gran Colombia vs "Colombia" (after Gran Columbia dissolved)

Would would be the factions for other LA civs like Argentine, Paraguayans, Peruvians, Chileans, etc.  

For Anglophone, I think
USA would get Irish and German immigrants.
Canadians would get Ukrainian (is that still a thing?) and Irish
Australians could probably have its own immigrant nation, Afghans, as well as CHinese. 

So what do you think? What if LAtin America and Anglophone were one single culture? HOw would everything be different

HrdsHrdrck
Firebrand
Firebrand
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Re: WOL What if: "Colonial culture"

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:29 pm

I had already thought of something like that, but never like a suggestion (in fact I made an alternative design of mexico has anglo just for fun.)
the problem that i see is they would be too saturated with shits.
they have parties, inmigrants, congress, town hall...

mexico would definitely be liberals vs. conservatives
Haitians would have haitians (would have sence) vs dominicans
Colombia would have 4 different sides as a bonus.
United States could have access to practically all immigrants as a bonus.
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt