This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Post Office! This forum is for off-topic discussion.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

HappyMooMoo
Topic Author
Roto
Roto

DayoftheNinja

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:44 am

Hello guys,

I am HappyMooMoo the winner of 3rd place in the Cheese Hunt Championship of WOL that was recently played.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could find DayoftheNinja for me or get me into contact with him through private messaging, email, etc or any other personal communication to organize getting my prize money. I have already tried to do it through the eso site but its bugged for some reason.

Help in this is greatly appreciated. :)

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: DayoftheNinja

Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:41 pm

He's on vacations nowadays, in some wild place without internet. He said he's gonna be back mid-june-ish.

HappyMooMoo
Topic Author
Roto
Roto

Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:07 pm

That's great for him and totally cool. 
As long as i get my prize money.

:)

Alucard
Bacamartier
Bacamartier
Favorite Civilization: Egyptians
ESO: CaChaCo

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:14 pm

hahaha that way of demanding a prize ... that neither Mitoe or NT_steven

I do not wish you ill but I hope that only they have the prize ...

HappyMooMoo
Topic Author
Roto
Roto

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:01 am

Lol, what's wrong with asking for something i legitimately earned in a tournament playing fair and square like Mitoe and NT_steven?

Are you just salty because i beat you fair and square?

Honestly, since you're 4th place and supposed to have some prize money as well, you must seriously dislike me in order to not want it for both yourself and me ...

Alucard
Bacamartier
Bacamartier
Favorite Civilization: Egyptians
ESO: CaChaCo

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:12 am

Code: Select all

as I understood the rules the tournament fund was 100 and wait for funds to have an idea to pay 250-200-150-100 if I'm not wrong ...

your first idea in front of what I said is to say that I am recent, wow that you have little mind, I just do not like the way you ask for things as if the mod owed you something for a tournament in which neither support received

I did not enter the tournament for a prize just for participating, how ugly it is to see that you took this seriously ...

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:21 am

Let's keep this civil.

HappyMooMoo
Topic Author
Roto
Roto

Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:02 am

Alucard wrote:

Code: Select all

as I understood the rules the tournament fund was 100 and wait for funds to have an idea to pay 250-200-150-100 if I'm not wrong ...

your first idea in front of what I said is to say that I am recent, wow that you have little mind, I just do not like the way you ask for things as if the mod owed you something for a tournament in which neither support received

I did not enter the tournament for a prize just for participating, how ugly it is to see that you took this seriously ...
Why mention the tournament rules if i'm not even going against them???

Ignoring the 'you have a little mind' ... and that i apparently say you're 'recent' (whatever that's supposed to mean),

If the way that i asked for the prize money and an update of what's happening with it appeared rude, then my apologies. Quite frankly, clarification is what i was seeking above all and now its there (even for you, Mitoe and NT_steven). In all fairness, if the mods have issue with anything i say or do then they can surely state that themselves. I don't see any need to create a fuss or an issue out of nothing.

As for the 'seriousness' of the tournament, as much as casual play should be enjoyed, when money is inserted into anything in life, that thing inherently becomes more serious due to the nature of money (unless you consider it to be worthless that is).
According to the Dictionary definition of a 'Tournament' it is, "(in a sport or game) a series of contests between a number of competitors, competing for an overall prize."
NOTE THE OVERALL PRIZE PART OF THE DEFINITION.

After all, if you didn't enter the tournament 'for an overall prize', then why did you enter it?
If you're going to say because you 'desired fun/entertainment' that's fine, but you can do that every time you load up your eso and turn on WOL to play it online.
The fact that you imply playing in the WOL tournament should only be for 'higher reasons' has interesting implications. 
Do you not have fun when you play WOL every other day or time in the week?
Tell me, why besides perhaps some enjoyment did Mitoe and NT_steven enter the tournament as well?

Excuse me, if winning 3rd place counts as 'just participating', how come in every other ESOC tournament and in all sports and games around the world most of the time 3rd place is significant enough to warrant a Medal/Trophy or some other sort of prize (depending on context)?
Clearly it counts for a bit more than 'participation' unless you consider 'participation' in the sense that literally everyone besides the host as the maker of the event is participating in the event.

Frankly, it is hypocritical and contradictory of you to implicitly accuse me of disrespecting the Mods because i'm taking this seriously. Should that not be a good thing? Would you rather have me treat the mod lightly or as a joke? Should i treat your existence lightly or as a joke?

Again, if they have any issues with anything i say or do surely they themselves can state that. So far, it seems that you're the only one who has any issues with me at all ...

Although to honestly interpret as best as i can my understanding of what you're saying, you are implying that i am selfish, rude, and amoral in my behavior and treatment of the mods and the WOL Community (players such as yourself) in general because i apparently desire to get a prize that i legitimately earned in a tournament (just like you, Mtioe and NT_steven) and seek clarification about its status. 
You have 11/10 Logic, you really do make a lot of sense huh???
Last edited by HappyMooMoo on Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

HappyMooMoo
Topic Author
Roto
Roto

Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:04 am

Septafolia wrote: Let's keep this civil.
By 'civil' i assume you mean no vulgar language or swearing?

Circle of Ossus
Hussar
Hussar
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:12 pm

I understand what you mean, you have been civil throughout everything you said. I think the problem is, and I think Alucard also thinks like that, is that you are asking money from a poor guy. I don't believe that the necessary money has been gifted, since the game had  more fun aspect to it instead from something serious and competitive  (I participated, and if some magic would've provided me with prize money, I would've gifted a large sum back. I played for the fun).
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>