This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Post Office! This forum is for off-topic discussion.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

HappyMooMoo
Topic Author
Roto
Roto

Re: DayoftheNinja

Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:55 am

Circle of Ossus wrote: I understand what you mean, you have been civil throughout everything you said. I think the problem is, and I think Alucard also thinks like that, is that you are asking money from a poor guy. I don't believe that the necessary money has been gifted, since the game had  more fun aspect to it instead from something serious and competitive  (I participated, and if some magic would've provided me with prize money, I would've gifted a large sum back. I played for the fun).
Thanks for some of the understanding Ossus, but i still believe you've got it wrong. There are basically no issues here because the mods are being transparent and agreeable in everything they're doing, even if the prize pools aren't as large as originally intended which is totally understandable. I was only ever asking any of this or brought it up because i've never actually been in the winning group of a Tournament before so i really have no idea how any of this works. 

Tbh, i wouldn't mind donating to the WOL community as well but i just don't have too much money at the moment. When i get more in the future i'll be sure to contribute to this mod. The only real issue here is Alucard insulting me, being passive aggressive and throwing a tantrum all over the place because of his misconceptions.

Circle of Ossus
Texas Ranger
Texas Ranger
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:24 am

That explains a lot. I hope Alucard understands it now.
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

ShakkaShuu
Fur Trader
Fur Trader

Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:48 pm

sorry for offtop
HappyMooMoo, do u manage placement building while u play AOE3? :hmm:
cuz its look like some unique style :like:

HappyMooMoo
Topic Author
Roto
Roto

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:20 pm

ShakkaShuu wrote: sorry for offtop
HappyMooMoo, do u manage placement building while u play AOE3? :hmm:
cuz its look like some unique style :like:
All good Shakka,

What do you mean by 'manage placement building'?

Do you mean how i build my buildings in game?
Last edited by HappyMooMoo on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ShakkaShuu
Fur Trader
Fur Trader

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:57 pm

yeap
i really like it

HappyMooMoo
Topic Author
Roto
Roto

Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:02 pm

ShakkaShuu wrote: yeap
i really like it
Assuming this is what you mean, when i place buildings in game i place them with a few things in mind:

1: Buildings, if placed well, can serve as walls or defensive structures with multiple functions, say a market or a house. Building them around a town center to control access can stop your opponent from say having a huge infantry blob that can easily burn down your town center and causes them movement issues or to spend time killing buildings you placed. Retreating ranged units behind buildings or narrow alleyways made by them can help a bit with garrison town center fire and is really a must in defensive play of any sort in my opinion. Do not underestimate the power of town center fire, in the early game at least. It especially works wonders against melee units assuming you have the adequate army to support the garrison fire. This is also why i think Colonial Militia (European civs only/mostly) is a good card if you think you're going to be rushed in age 2. Artillery of course cancels this all out and is usually the most challenging obstacle i face in my play.
2: Also, base organization is important to me economically to keep things close and spread out so there's less management overall or frustration. Also, it counts for security as mills or plantations closer to town centers can tend to mean less dead villagers.
3: I simply enjoy having a nice and beautiful base structure. I may perhaps overdo building placement a bit but its part of how i play. I probably got this from aoe2 where literally building a house or a palisade or something else can sometimes be the difference between a game win or loss in a 1v1.

Glad to know you think its cool :)