This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Post Office! This forum is for off-topic discussion.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Rampo
Parrot
Parrot
Steam: BG_Rampo

Re: worst & best faction in war of liberty

Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:30 am

The romanian circus dancing tactic may gain more here as i take suggest of this
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:10 pm

Uh Rampo... you're not in charge of that... or anything.

Circle of Ossus
Texas Ranger
Texas Ranger
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:58 pm

JuanPaWarthon wrote: Best:

- Peruvians: 2 heroes, rabonas, faster XP (Guanera) and cheaper native warriors, which I love to use.

Worst:

- Zulu: Too much focus and micro on youths. Complex HC system as well as the other African civs.
- Bulgarians: Slow start, late army, they use crops. Their Peasants are the toughest ones though.
- Serbians; Slow start too and weaker Peasants, they use crops.
- Greek: Slow start as well, weaker Peasants and they also use crops, on water maps their Fishing Ships take on your pop slot fast. Complex HC.
- Ethiopians: Too many units I still don't know their purpose, but none of them shine, complex HC system.

The ones that are So-So:

- Mexicans: Slow, I dislike to get so many villagers recently in the last age, I like the fact of getting free Pistoleros though, it is a nice feature.
- Colombians: Since you can't gather food, it makes them very slow as well. I like to use Simón Bolívar and the Tupi Explorer, but I compulsorily need the Tupi Explorer if I want to build Trading Posts. The Independentistas are great though.
- Romanians: They are my favorite from all the Balkans though, but they also have a slow start and I think the Circus need more special abilities so it can be more useful.
Do you play mp games? Or else you clearly don't do rushy games, as you mention cards that would never fit in a competitive deck. Going through: maybe the Peruvians are strong, IDK, I cannot play. I think they are my second worst faction (worst being the Sioux). You state that the Balkan civs are "slow"; however, I heavily disagree on this. They are very fast, purely because of the massive XP gains at the market. The only slow starters could be Greece on land maps and the Romanians when you do the train time dance. The Mexicans are not that slow (well, it depends on the map spawning your praesidio or not). Neither are the Colombians: just send the right cards early, and gather coin which you sell at the market (but this does not prevent them from having a very bad start due to wasting your gold mine on selling).

Some interesting facts you mentioned and that I would like to change:
- Simon Bolivar cannot build TP, so or you lose a lot of time and a peasant on building, or you indeed send the Tupi warchief (wast of a shipment IMO)
- Last age up bonus from Mexico sends some meat shields. Useless and annoying
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

HrdsHrdrck
Aspide
Aspide
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:57 pm

JuanPaWarthon, some of your worst civilization are considered by the most veteran in the mod as the best civs.

i mean, recently has be made a tournament in the hispanic community with free civilizations, and the players constantly choose tupis, the last game was between greece against serbia, in fact in the official tournament that was held a few months ago the Serbs had to be banned by op (although in the last patch they were nerfed they are still very good)
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:11 pm

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the players made a gentleman's agreement to deliverately avoid the outrageously OP civs.

JuanPaWarthon
Volunteer
Volunteer

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:34 pm

Hoop Thrower wrote: To be fair, I'm pretty sure the players made a gentleman's agreement to deliverately avoid the outrageously OP civs.
That's true, in AoE 2 multiplayer, we usually agree on not using Goths, Huns or Mongols, as they're OP in MP, the Goths were even banned from being used in any MP match.

Circle of Ossus wrote:
Do you play mp games? Or else you clearly don't do rushy games, 
Indeed, I'm not a rushy player, I prefer to focus on my economy, improve my buildings and upgrade my army. But if I want to play rushing, then I have the Egyptians which are fine for me, or the Sioux as they don't need to build houses, because having to build houses bothers me, but it's an unavoidable aspect of the game. While Peruvians are not good at rushing with their own army, (unless you mass Legions and Grieves), they are great at rushing with natives. And, yes, I'm also the type of player who likes to get all the Trading Posts on the map so I can mass native warriors, because they don't mind if I don't have houses. With the Balkans, their start is slow to me as I need to construct 5 buildings in order to age up, unless I memorize all what each building offers, it delays me.

It's all about tastes, you think Sioux are the worst, when their no house bonus is very strong, useful and perfect for early rush... and now that they have totems, you don't waste time praying.
Circle of Ossus wrote:
Some interesting facts you mentioned and that I would like to change:
- Simon Bolivar cannot build TP, so or you lose a lot of time and a peasant on building, or you indeed send the Tupi warchief (wast of a shipment IMO)
- Last age up bonus from Mexico sends some meat shields. Useless and annoying
I know right, that's why I listed them as being so-so to me.

HrdsHrdrck wrote:
i mean, recently has be made a tournament in the hispanic community with free civilizations, and the players constantly choose tupis, the last game was between greece against serbia, in fact in the official tournament that was held a few months ago the Serbs had to be banned by op (although in the last patch they were nerfed they are still very good)
I know, but in the previous tournament in Hispanic community, my friend from Colombia won, and he used Egyptians as far as I remember. And Egyptians are listed as one of the best civs for me. So it depends on tactics and tastes. I have few things on Tupis, they are fine, but somehow, their no need of coin makes me feel weird, they have 3 villagers with different tasks, and their buildings are weak.

Of course, all of these things are for balance purposes and also they make every civ and culture unique, which is great for the mod, so I'm not saying that they need to be changed. My only wish was for the Romanian Circus, I think some other ability could be added.
Kio ne mortigas vin unue, mortigas vin poste ....

Solo soy un violín que olvidó la última nota de su Réquiem ...

Dans le brouillard la route devient floue, comme ma destinée ...

Volpado
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:10 pm

hello

Chicharito
Roto
Roto

Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:10 am

Zulu have a good army

Steve9000v2
Lassador
Lassador

Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:22 am

Chicharito wrote: Zulu have a good army
But most of them are infantry, through they are strong.

Chicharito
Roto
Roto

Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:22 pm

The Zulus and the Iroquois look very much alike.