This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Post Office! This forum is for off-topic discussion.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Re: worst & best faction in war of liberty

Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:10 pm

I'm amazed that you find the current Australians a top civ. IMO they are right now the most garbage civ, they are extremely difficult to achieve anything with.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

Proxima
Roto
Roto
Favorite Civilization: Ethiopians

Fri May 10, 2019 12:15 pm

the best
Ethiopia, Argentina, France.
the worst
Inca, Romania, India.
LOVEAOE

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Sat May 11, 2019 1:12 pm

Oh my, that's an interesting best & worst. Can you explain your choices of Argentina and the Inca's?
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

DavidIbragimov
Blandengue
Blandengue
Favorite Civilization: Zulu

Sat May 11, 2019 6:47 pm

I have to disagree with Proxima's choice on Inca...... I feel like why you might not like them is the fact that literally everything there works on gold. Seriously age-ups, buildings, like evrything. First time I played with them, I got 800 Food and got the biggest dissapointment ever.
I feel like they are kinda unstable with there gold requirements and are not your easy going civ.

But..........
Their Huamincas are amazing, they are like spearman that can actually bully cavalry without dying too much, and are devastating against buildings.
Only played with them 3 times (kinda rage quitted), But they are some of the best AI you can have on your side at this moment. They will also be the ones with the greatest scores....Literally no matter what.
"Once you go Zulu you never go back."

DavidIbragimov
Blandengue
Blandengue
Favorite Civilization: Zulu

Mon May 13, 2019 6:34 pm

Ok. Update.
Some of the Best Factions are French, Ethiopian, and Zulu

The Worst are Americans(still think so), Paraguayans, and Bulgarians(never thought I would say it) :(

The best factions are pretty well known....France has advanced vills and Very great Cavalry, Ethiopia has literally mini-forts as "buildings" and good military, and Zulu are just scary with the fact that they could easily wipe you out 2nd age.

For worst, I find that I can never get on the offensive with Americans, I honestly don't understand how to function with them and the opponent never gives enough time to learn how to.
Paraguayans are the definition of weak. Forget Russians and even the Americans. No, this is probably the most weakest, smallest attack and hp you will find, and the civ also takes up an intense amount of space. 
Bulgaria was my original favorite civ. I really liked there infinite cards and there troops are beast. The problem is before you get them, you need to survive 2 ages and then they still train very slowly. I really hope they get either some weak troops or better military spawning system, but at this point they are bad, with the simple fact that for almost whole game they are exposed.
"Once you go Zulu you never go back."

Bloodedge
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Thu May 23, 2019 2:54 am

Hello everyone, forgive my approximate language, I write via google translate.
So I'm going to explain the civilizations that I can play (only concerns duels against AI). We start with what I find powerful:

Paraguay, speaking mainly of the continuous production of cannon fodder, can lead a difficult life to the enemy, your troops are dying? In any case, it does not matter if you have not spent money, but the losses of the opponents will count anyway because he will see his savings go up in smoke following the loss of his units and / or his buildings, in addition to this civilization is currently the best regarding natives warriors

France, for its economy and its strong cavalry and its shipments concerning the native warriors, the Foreign Legion being an asset if you survive until now, because I suspect that their addition is not foreign to the fact that it incites the players to play anything but cavalry

Russia, well use, you will make your opponent's life a hell, indeed your infantry is cheaper than other civilizations to unity and their cavalry is not bad when it comes to harass, on the other hand leave your opponent alone and you will quickly know the defeat

Afterwards, what about civilizations that I have trouble playing:

Bulgaria, well sorry ok infantry and cavalry are powerful, but do not have them producible at age 4 that I lose, if people can advise me to play correctly I'm a taker

Tupi, sorry but my style is too defensive in relation to this civilization, I lose my buildings too easily even if the fact that this faction does not need coins is advantageous

India, elephants are certainly powerful, but it costs a lot of population sites (even with a shipment) and their economy is not obvious to start as the villagers are costing wood and therefore it comes into conflict with the construction of buildings and then I love looking for improvements for my units (arsenal style), after I do not say they are weak, just that I have trouble with them

Overall I play exclusively against AI and I apologize if it conflicts with your past experience since I have never played with another human player