To me (in no particular order):
- Habsburgs: Being able to use other European civs features makes them really great.
- Incas: Coin trickle, Chasquis, Huamincas, Manco Horsemen, the best Native civ
- Peruvians: 2 heroes, rabonas, faster XP (Guanera) and cheaper native warriors, which I love to use.
- Chinese: Super economy boom and huge infinite and versatile army, strongest Asian civ to me.
- Germans: Settler Wagons, free Uhlans, stronger mercenaries, their units are still powerful. Along with Habsburgs, my European fav.
- Egyptians: Easy spawnable Fellah, Bedouins are great for defense, movable buildings, and Fellah is everything you need, fast raiding civ.
- Americans: Cheaper techs, cheaper units, extra treasure bonuses, further improvements and faster XP (Statue of Liberty).
Honorable mentions: French, Russians, Brazilians, Japanese, Sioux.
- Zulu: Too much focus and micro on youths. Complex HC system as well as the other African civs.
- Bulgarians: Slow start, late army, they use crops. Their Peasants are the toughest ones though.
- Serbians; Slow start too and weaker Peasants, they use crops.
- Greek: Slow start as well, weaker Peasants and they also use crops, on water maps their Fishing Ships take on your pop slot fast. Complex HC.
- Ethiopians: Too many units I still don't know their purpose, but none of them shine, complex HC system.
Dishonorable mentions: Australians, Ottomans, Tupi.
Great and somewhat bad at the same time:
- Canadians: I love to have Team Cards and Fur Traders are awesome, but their use of wood for aging up as well as keeping up with building construction makes your advancing very slow. Still I play a lot with them.
- Indians: I love elephants, however their units (Elephants, Repentant units and Mansabdars) take too much population room. Still I play a lot with them and I love Karni Mata.
The ones that are So-So:
- Spanish: I dislike not being able to use Missionaries anymore, Batidors don't have the same function, their units were changed a lot.
- Mexicans: Slow, I dislike to get so many villagers recently in the last age, I like the fact of getting free Pistoleros though, it is a nice feature.
- Colombians: Since you can't gather food, it makes them very slow as well. I like to use Simón Bolívar and the Tupi Explorer, but I compulsorily need the Tupi Explorer if I want to build Trading Posts. The Independentistas are great though.
- Romanians: They are my favorite from all the Balkans though, but they also have a slow start and I think the Circus need more special abilities so it can be more useful.
Kio ne mortigas vin unue, mortigas vin poste ....
Solo soy un violín que olvidó la última nota de su Réquiem ...
Dans le brouillard la route devient floue, comme ma destinée ...