This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Rampo
Topic Author
Blandengue
Blandengue

AI Villagers Resources Gathering

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:55 pm

During i play the WOL Game in skirmish mode, I detect something that seems ... not good. The problem is AI control villagers for gathering resources, especially Food:
  1. General (not for Tupi civs, because of different problem): when villagers not found any huntable animal to gather food, they don't use Mill (Europe, Canadian, USA, Australian, ...) or Farm (Natives Civs like Sioux, Aztecs, Inca, ...), or Rice Paddy with gather food tactic (Asian civs like China, Japan, ...) to gather food. As i detected, most of villagers gather wood, some of them gather coin from Plantation or Rice Paddy with gather coin tactic (I have played another mod in AOE 3 but that problem is not like in WOL, when out of huntable animal for food gathering, AI villagers build mill or farm or Rice Paddy with gather food tactic and gather food), or even if they have built that building, they won't gather food from that building. Especially when i play with some AI civs as my ally team, AI ally team can get to age 3 (Capital age), sometimes ask me for tribute food, that make me somewhat confused and forget about what happen next
  2. Tupi civs: The number of villagers for food gathering are somewhat too few (if i'm not mistaken, The number of villagers for food gathering in this civ are 4 when gather food in Oca, means only 1 oca that has villager gathering)
I hope if someone who is good at balancing and AI coding, they'll fix this problem
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Circle of Ossus
Lassador
Lassador
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Re: AI Villagers Resources Gathering

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:57 am

I don't think this should've been posted in the library, Rampo. But it is an interesting theory: I have also seen that the AI cuts way too much wood, and it also seems to hesitate a bit too much to build mills. I thought the wood problem came from the huge wall they want to build (that's why I posted in another thread the idea to make it smaller in range). I have done a first round of an ai only match, and saw things the ai handled badly:
Some ai's didn't seem to train barrack units. The Iroquis (who spammed cavalry), the Indians (they relied on imported troops) and the Russians.
All ai's didn't seem to use fishing ships (max 5 of them, except for Greece).
Native ai's spam the convert treasure guardien, making them unable to convert that guardien. Idk if that was already in tad.
The fur trader was sometimes used to "gather" wood or gold.

It is unfortunate that there are almost no people who can fix this.

Rampo
Topic Author
Blandengue
Blandengue

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:26 am

Circle of Ossus
Hmm, First, I don't know this post should be posted in the correct section, because if i post this in The fountain, it's not fit for The fountain because The fountain is used for suggestion. if i post it in The Hospital, it's not fit again because this post isn't related to Bugs, of course i can't post it in the University because this post isn't related to mod creation, so that i post this in Library in order to ask someone who is good at balancing and AI coding to do so.
Second: I think AI in this game is not only relate in the WOL, but also on the other relate.
For example: I've played AOE 3 Napoleonic Era, the problem I talk there isn't detected in this NE games, I hope you have played AOE 3 Napoleonic Era before.....

BG Rampo

Dr Roach
Bacamartier
Bacamartier

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:53 pm

These are bugs. Gameplay flaws. Should be put in the Hospital. 

I've played AOE 3 Napoleonic Era
BURN THE HERETIC!

Rampo
Topic Author
Blandengue
Blandengue

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:25 am

Dr Roach wrote:BURN THE HERETIC!
Dr RoachLooks like you try to answer this to me with anger. I told you again, do not answer to me with anger. Luckily for you, I wake up and detect that problem, so that nothing serious here. That's enough, this thread ends here

BG Rampo

Takatmo Yereoc
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:53 am

Rampo wrote:That's enough, this thread ends here
Nope, I haven't had time to tell you again that the Library is not the place to report WoL bugs.

Hmm, First, I don't know this post should be posted in the correct section, because if i post this in The fountain, it's not fit for The fountain because The fountain is used for suggestion. if i post it in The Hospital, it's not fit again because this post isn't related to Bugs, of course i can't post it in the University because this post isn't related to mod creation, so that i post this in Library in order to ask someone who is good at balancing and AI coding to do so.
Rampo, @Circle of Ossus and @Dr Roach are right. This is a WoL-related bug (the problem with the Tupi villagers is especially one that we've been aware for a long time) and you should've posted it in the Hospital. You literally wrote in the the opening post saying that you found a problem with the AI used by WoL having a problem gathering resources:
During i play the WOL Game in skirmish mode, I detect something that seems ... not good. The problem is AI control villagers for gathering resources, especially Food:
I'll move this topic to the Hospital and I really expect you to stop reporting WoL-related bugs at the Library.
Also, we may have a solution for your problem, but it requires some additional testing and may not be ready for the next major patch.

Spoiler
Also, Prussia is the best NE civ.

Rampo
Topic Author
Blandengue
Blandengue

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:17 am

I'm so Sorry, Takatmo Yereoc. I'm feeling dizzy, that i post this in the incorrect section. can you move this post to Hospital section please??? I have a deadly busy in real life. I'll make a sign for everyone here for my absent....

BG Rampo

Dr Roach
Bacamartier
Bacamartier

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:16 pm

Dr Roach wrote:BURN THE HERETIC!
Dr RoachLooks like you try to answer this to me with anger. I told you again, do not answer to me with anger. Luckily for you, I wake up and detect that problem, so that nothing serious here. That's enough, this thread ends here
It's was just a joke- no one types "burn the heretic!" in all caps and means it. There is a bit of a rivalry between the two mods, but I also think that topic should stop before it blows up into a flame war.